Sign In

More Information

BLOG BROADCAST NOT WORKING

Closed. G-Lock Double Opt-In Manager is discontinued and replaced with G-Lock WPNewsman newsletter plugin for WordPress.

BLOG BROADCAST NOT WORKING

Postby BrentF » Sun May 27, 2012 12:16 am

Hi, I have tried everything I can think of and just can not seem to get this plugin to work. All of my test emails work perfectly, including the registration and email confirmation ones, yet when I try to broadcast, It never sends it out. It says broadcasting and then goes back to stand by... It shows a list of post that are to be included as well. I am using php 5.2.17 and confirmed all email server setting on my host which is hostgator. any help would be greatly appreciated.
BrentF

Re: BLOG BROADCAST NOT WORKING

Postby marisp » Mon May 28, 2012 12:05 pm

BrentF wrote:Hi, I have tried everything I can think of and just can not seem to get this plugin to work. All of my test emails work perfectly, including the registration and email confirmation ones, yet when I try to broadcast, It never sends it out. It says broadcasting and then goes back to stand by... It shows a list of post that are to be included as well. I am using php 5.2.17 and confirmed all email server setting on my host which is hostgator. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please, de-activate G-Lock Double Opt-In plugin and re-activate it. This must help reset the broadcast status to normal when you can send broadcast emails.
marisp
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrentF » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 am

Tried that a bunch of times and still no go. Its odd that everything appears to work perfectly. All test emails work and even the sign up emails work. It just refuses to broadcast the blog.
BrentF

Postby BrentF » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 am

mithcd wrote:Hi. What OS are you using for this? This might require extensive troubleshooting and you can probably start on the real time logs and try to send out a test broadcast.

My server is running linux on hostgator. It just doesnt make any sense that ALL the other emails go out just fine, yet the actual email that serves the purpose of this plug in doesnt work.
BrentF

Postby marisp » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 am

Please try to uncheck "Write Debug Log" option in the settings. Also what is your Mail Delivery Settings - Use PHP Mail, Use Sendmail Directly or Use Custom SMTP Server?
marisp
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nhowarth » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 am

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as BrentF – blog broadcast not working with plugin version 2.6.2. (To overcome the problem, I have switched back to version 2.5.0).

I have deactivated the plugin and reactivated it - no change.

I am running on a VPS from Heart Internet with:

OS - CentOS 5

PHP - 5.2.17

Email settings - Custom SMTP Server – Don't use secure connection

Write debug log – not checked

Test broadcast works OK, but sends 100 summaries rather than 10. (This also happens with version 2.5.0)

A further annoyance with versions 2.6.2 and 2.5.0 is that in the Blog Broadcast Settings, the box in which 'the posts that will be included in your next broadcast' displays a revolving loading image and the word 'Loading' – the list of posts is never displayed.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Nigel
nhowarth

Postby BrentF » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:43 am

Yeah I have followed all recommended procedures and am getting no where. I guess Ill have to switch back to Subscribe2 until the problem can be fixed. Shame since this plugin looked so promising and I liked the idea of using the newsletter program with it in the future.
BrentF

Postby jasasd » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi. What OS are you using for this? This might require extensive troubleshooting and you can probably start on the real time logs and try to send out a test broadcast.

Sonnenbrillen Online
jasasd

Postby honey » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi...
since yesterday, i'm trying fix the problem with the plugin, and after read all topics in this forum, I guess found a solution...at last for me :).

I did this:

1 - I deactivated and re-activate the plugin
2 - I reconfigured the ''general settings'' (menu settings --> General) , in the ''Mail Delivery Settings''. My first settings was:
tradicional hostname ''smtp.mydomain.com.br'' ,
username ''user@mydomain.com.br'' ,
password,
Port ''465'' (it automatically inserts)
and in ''Use Secure Connection'' I marked ''use SSL''.

In my new reconfiguration, today, a few minutes ago, I did this: (in the same menu and settings)

hostname: "smtp.alternativedomain.net'' (my host provides me an alternative hostnames, and many times, is this alternative adress that work for my webmail. the tradicional hostname ''smtp.mydomain.com.br'' sometimes dont work with me.
Username: sending mail --> ''user@mydomain.com.br''
Password: password of email
Port: 25 (not 465. 465 is for secure conection (SSL))
Use Secure Connection: ''dont use''

after this reconfiguration, the plugin send all broadcast, including arrears (that I asked him to send and not sent before this reconfiguration).

In resume, I just reconfigured the options of conection (hostname and port).

If you dont have an alternative hostname, I sugest that you use your ‘’tradicional hostname ‘’ but changes the the used port (of 465 for 25), and marked option “ don’t use’’ in the in ''Use Secure Connection'' and not ''use SSL''. After this, make a test.
Attachments
glock.png
Image of my config
honey

Postby marisp » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi,

The problem with broadcast is fixed in the latest 2.6.4 version of G-Lock Double Opt-In Manager. You can install the 2.6.4 version and see if everything is OK.

Also, I would recommend that you switch to our new WPNewsman plugin. It's a re-branded version of G-Lock Double Opt-In Manager. You can read about WPNewsman at http://wpnewsman.com

We won't update G-Lock Double Opt-In Manager anymore. Since the release of WPNewsman, the old plugin is discontinued. From now and on, we will develop and upgrade WPNewsman.
marisp
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to WordPress Double Opt-In List Management Plugin